Man’s Eternal Destiny
God Gives The True Solution
DO YOU KNOW: That for Ages man has tried to solve the problem of his eternal destiny?
● That while atheists and others claim that death ends all forever, there is nevertheless in mankind, generally speaking, a longing hope that there is for them a happy life beyond the grave?
● That some consult spirit mediums, astrologers, necromancers, etc., for the answer, but that their solutions are unsatisfying and delusive?
DO YOU KNOW: That many philosophers, authors, teachers, theologians, religious leaders, etc., have offered various solutions to the problem of man's eternal destiny that also are unsatisfying and delusive, and will greatly disappoint any holding them?
● That these solutions are delusive because they usually are based on Satan's great lie in Eden—"Ye shall not surely die" (Gen. 3:4; John 8:44)—which he still furthers, mainly by the theory that human souls live on after the body dies—that they transmigrate into, or are reincarnated in, other bodies, or that they go into an intermediate state, such as purgatory, or directly into eternal bliss in heaven or into a hell of eternal torture?
● That, contrary to the "immortal soul" theory, the Bible solution is based ou its plain teaching that man is a soul (Gen. 2:7—not has a soul), that souls are mortal (dieable)—"the soul that sinneth, it shall die" (Ezek. 18:4, 20; Psa. 56:13; 78:50; 116:8; James 5:20), and that souls, good and bad, are in death unconscious, "asleep" (Deut. 31:16; 2 Kings 16:20; 21:18; Psa. 90:3-5; John 11:11-14, 44; Acts 2:29, 34; 13:36; 1 Thes. 4:13-15)?
● That the Bible hell (sheol or hades—often translated grave), where all souls "sleep" until the resurrection awakening, is an unconscious, oblivious condition (Gen. 37:35; Job 14:13; Psa. 6:5; Eccl. 9:10, etc.)?
● That the only true hope for a future life after death is based on the resurrection of the dead (Dan. 12:1, 2; John 5:28, 29; Acts 24:15), and that if there is no resurrection awakening from the dead, then all who have died are dead forever—even those "fallen asleep in Christ are perished [are dead forever]" (1 Cor. 15:6, 18)?
● That mankind, in the first man Adam, "made a little lower than the angels," "of the earth, earthy," did not lose life in heaven (for it never was given nor promised to Adam for himself and his race) but eternal life on earth—over which he was given dominion (Psa. 8:5-8; 1 Cor. 15:47; Gen. 1:26-28; 3:22-24)?
DO YOU KNOW: That by Adam's disobedience "sin entered into the world, and death by sin, and so death passed upon all men [by heredity—all are born in sin, 'shapen in iniquity'], for that all have sinned," and are under the death (cessation of life — not eternal torture!) sentence (Rom. 3:9, 10; 5:12, 17-19; 6:23; 1 Cor. 15:21, 22; Psa. 51:5)?
● That "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners ['Jesus came into the world to save sinners,' 'the ungodly'], Christ died for us," "for all," "every man," and that only by having faith in Jesus as Savior can sinners be made right before God (Rom. 5:8-11; 1 Tim. 1:15; 2 Cor. 5:14, 15; Heb. 2:9; Acts 16:31; Rom. 3:24-26; 5:1; Eph. 2:8-10; 1 John 5:11-13)?
● That next we must consecrate, i.e., give up our own wills and accept God's will as our own, as Jesus did (Heb. 10:7), and then be His faithful followers to the end, if we would gain everlasting life as our destiny (Rom. 5:2; 12:1; 6:23; Prov. 23:26; Matt. 16:24-36; John 10:27, 28)?
● That because Jesus "gave himself a ransom for all," "God will have all men to be saved [from Adamic condemnation] and to come unto the [exact] knowledge of the truth" (1 Tim. 2:4-6; 4:10; 1 John 2:2)?
● That the "elect," "chosen out of the world" (John 15:19; Acts 15:14; Rev. 5:9), who in the Gospel Age come to God by repentance, faith in Jesus as Savior and consecration made and kept, are an exception to the general rule—that they will eventually have eternal life in heaven as their eternal destiny (John 14:1-3; 2 Cor. 5:1, 2; Heb. 10:34; 1 Pet. 1:4)?
● That mankind in general—those who have not had their one full and complete opportunity for salvation in this life—will be given the chance to gain everlasting life on earth in peace and happiness, as their eternal destiny (Isa. 2:2-4; 11:9; 25:6-9; 35:1-10; 65:17-25; Micah 4:1-4; Acts 15:17; Rev. 21:2-4; 22:3)?
DO YOU KNOW: That Jesus and His Gospel-Age disciples are because of their faith the seed (children) of Abraham, through whom in the incoming "times of restitution," the Millennial Age, all the families of the earth shall be blessed, and judged in righteousness (Gen. 12:3; 22:16-18; Gal. 3:8, 16, 29; Psa. 72:1-4; 1 Cor. 6:2; Matt. 19:28; Luke 22:29, 30; Acts 17:31; 2 Tim. 4:1; 2 Pet. 3:7, 8; Rev. 20:12, 13)?
● That those of mankind who in God's Millennial-Age testing prove to be willing and obedient will gain everlasting life as their destiny—not in the "new heavens" but—in the "new earth" (2 Pet. 3:13), whereas those who prove unworthy will have everlasting cutting off (annihilation) in the Second Death as their punishment, or destiny, like the Devil and his angels (Psa. 37:9-11, 22, 29, 34, 38; 145:20; Prov. 2:21, 22, Isa. 1:28; 60:21; Matt. 25:31-46—fire is a symbol of destruction; Heb. 2:14; Rev. 20:14, 15; 21:8)?
● That "the heavens are the Lord's [Jehovah's]: but the earth hath he given to … men"; for "God himself that formed the earth … created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited," and it "abideth for ever" (Psa. 115:16; Isa. 45:18; 46:9-11; 55:10, 11; Eccles. 1:4; Psa. 104:5; 119:90)?
Would you like more
information on this subject?
Contact us for more details.